Careers at Magic
Being a part of the Magic team means being part of a 30-year heritage in planning, developing, selling, and marketing groundbreaking business software solutions. It also means being a team player, and challenging yourself to fulfill your true potential.
At Magic, we recognize that our employees are our most important asset, and that our strength comes from enabling them to use their talents and dedication to the full. That’s why we’re looking for outstanding, committed, and ambitious people who want to develop their careers and be a part of realizing our vision.
If you want to join one of the most innovative software companies in the world, please see our available opportunities below.
There are currently no open positions.
IS&T Magic Developer - Ashridge
Based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
Starting salary c. £35000 p.a.
The IS&T Department is responsible for our IT infrastructure, for ensuring full benefits realisation of existing systems and for identifying ways to support the continued growth and quality of the services we offer.
This role encompasses understanding and translating the requirements of our system users to develop new programmes, screens and reports for our internal business application (PanAsh) using the Magic programming language. Reporting to the IS&T Information Systems Manager, the main purposes of the role are to:
- Further develop Ashridge applications written in Magic.
- Advise how Magic can integrate with other applications and technologies
- Carry out 3rd line support and maintenance on existing Magic applications
- Work within established development standards and document any developments or enhancements to an appropriate level
- Assist with identifying and analysing Ashridge requirements for business systems
- Implement quality controls for every project undertaken and ensure that 3rd party suppliers/contractors adhere to them
Educated to Degree standard or equivalent, you must have extensive IT experience which includes application development, databases and system design. You must be skilled and proficient in developing or supporting Magic applications, with a proven track record. Experience of working across multiple projects is also required.
An excellent communicator, well organised and self-motivated, you should be happy to work on own initiative or as part of small team.
For further information and to apply please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 10 October 2014.