Product Lifecycle Policy
uniPaaS Product Life Cycle Policy
Version Releases - General Schedule
Product Lifecycle Milestones
Expected service during product lifecycle periods – milestones
End of Sales Milestone
The End-of-Sales milestone means that the product is no longer available for sale to new customers/partners (MSPs can still sell applications based on the product to their new application customers).
From this milestone the period of Extended Sales commences making the sales of new product licenses possible to existing customers only.
Extended Sales Period Pricing
During the extended sales period the prices will be as follows:
- First Year: License fees remain unchanged.
- Second Year: 40% increase from original license fee.
- Third Year and beyond (Relevant only if the extended sales period last for 3 or more years at Magic Software sole discretion): 60% increase or more from original license fee.
End of Extended Sales Milestone
From the end of extended sales milestone no new licenses are sold.
End of Maintenance Milestone
The End of Maintenance period marks the start of the products retirement period.
From this milestone the product is no longer maintained by routine service packs and hot fixes.
Product updates may be released in special cases only, based on Magic Software sole discretion.
Maintenance Pricing after End of Maintenance Milestone
License Maintenance fees are calculated according to the new license fee of each extended sales year.
End of Support Milestone
Starting at the End-of-Support milestone the product enters it Extended Support period.
Extended Support Period Pricing
During the extended support period the support costs will be as follows:
- First Year: Support costs remain unchanged.
- Second Year: 20% increase from original support fee.
- Third Year and beyond (Relevant only if the extended sales period last for 3 or more years at Magic Software sole discretion): 40% increase or more from original support fee.
End of Extended Support Milestone
The End of Extended Support milestone marks the product end-of-life.
* From the Retirement period onwards only pinpoint hot fixes may be released. The content of such hot fixes will be based on the sole discretion of Magic Software by evaluating the magnitude and the severity of each reported matter.
Magic Software keeps its right to change its product life cycle policy in any part or as a whole at any time without any prior notice.