Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. (NASDAQ: MGIC), a global provider of mobile and
platform” target=”_blank”>business integration platforms, today announced the launch of a competition to find the best new business application developed by a student developer using uniPaaS Jet, the freely downloadable single-user edition of Magic Software’s uniPaaS application platform.
This competition aims to encourage UK university students to try uniPaaS Jet first-hand, and to gain real-life, hands-on experience of application development beyond any projects they are working on as part of their academic studies. As a grand prize for the best new business application, Magic Software will pay the winning developer’s tuition fees for a whole year (up to £3,400)*.
David Akka, Managing Director of Magic Software in the UK, Ireland and Nordics, commented, “We frequently encounter developers who have excellent technical knowledge, but lack commercial expertise. Through this competition, we hope to inspire students to gain practical experience of application development using uniPaaS Jet, and at the same time, help them to support their studies. We look forward to seeing the next generation of developers in action.”
For more information or to enter the competition, please visit: uniPaaS Jet UK University Competition
About UniPaaS Jet:
- uniPaaS Jet is a freely downloadable, single-user edition of Magic Software’s uniPaaS application platform, providing an ideal gateway for you to join Magic Software’s global community of developers.
- uniPaaS enables developers to efficiently build and deploy business applications, within a single end-to-end platform.
- uniPaaS gives developers the choice to run and easily maintain applications in multiple deployment modes including client/server, rich Internet (RIA), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and mobile.
- uniPaaS features a ready-made business application engine that simplifies the code-writing process and enables you to deploy to market faster, using fewer resources.
Terms and Conditions:
- Magic Software executives will determine the winning applications. There will be a presentation ceremony at the university for the winning student.
- Magic Software will provide training for students who wish to participate in the contest and a Magic Software liaison will be appointed as the contact for any technical queries.
- Competition begins: 7 September 2011
- Competition ends: Midnight 29/02/2012
- Click here For a complete list of Terms and Conditions
About Magic Software Enterprises
Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. (NASDAQ: MGIC), is a global provider of mobile and cloud-enabled application and business integration platforms.
For more information, visit www.magicsoftware.com.
Except for any historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this press release include forward-looking statements that might involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual results might vary significantly based upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, risks in product and technology development, market acceptance of new products and continuing product conditions, both locally and abroad, release and sales of new products by strategic resellers and customers, and other risk factors detailed in Magic’s most recent annual report and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Magic is a registered trademark of Magic Software Enterprises Ltd. All other product and company names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the property of, and might be trademarks of, their respective owners.
Kirsten Scott / Nikki Woolf
+44 (0) 1276 486 000