Michelman is a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally-friendly advanced materials for industry, offering solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging, and fibers & composites markets. The company maintains production facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, product development and technical service centers in several major global markets, and a worldwide team of highly-trained technology and business development personnel.
After upgrading to the newest version of JD Edwards and making Salesforce CRM their system of record for sample products, Michelman experienced an incredibly low data accuracy rate of 40% between both systems, because it was necessary to manually input Salesforce data into JD Edwards. Consequently, the company sought a solution that would:
- Automate repetitive, time-consuming and error-prone data entry.
- Establish a stable environment for future integrations.
- Streamline the effectiveness of sales with real-time integration between their JD Edwards ERP and Salesforce CRM.
- Leverage new features in JD Edwards.
Michelman selected the Magic xpi integration platform to accelerate development time and enable future integrations; and because Magic Software is:
- An Oracle Platinum Partner and the only Oracle Validated Integrator with a built-in, certified JDE connector for simple, out-of-the-box integration that delivers optimized connectivity to JDE/customized fields and objects
- A leading JDE integration expert with acclaimed JDE integration expertise and 15+ years of integration & automation experience
- An Oracle Orchestrator supercharger offering smart, flexible integration that provides intelligent connectivity from JDE to any system, with or without Oracle Orchestrator
- A leading integrator with multiple apps, including CRM, eCommerce, logistics & HR systems
Leveraging the easy-to-use, stable and code-free Magic xpi integration platform along with new features in the Oracle JD Edwards Orchestrator, Michelman streamlined the effectiveness of sales and gained visibility of sample orders between JD Edwards ERP and Salesforce CRM. Eliminating manual data entry by automatically synchronizing the records, the company now has a framework for the future. Furthermore, Magic xpi’s built-in, certified JD Edwards connector allowed Michelman to discover and take advantage of new features in the JD Edwards Orchestrator, while their team became familiar with the innovative technology in the process.
“We were highly impressed with Magic’s proven experience in the JD Edwards community. They have an uncanny ability to easily use new features in the JD Edwards Orchestrator to work seamlessly with their integration platform. This powerful combination will enable us to constantly innovate and create future integrations with ease while saving valuable time and resources.”
Trisha Muir, ERP Manager
- Automation of the transfer of information between JD Edwards ERP and Salesforce CRM has improved operational efficiency, saving over 60 hours per week, and increased data accuracy by 50%.
- ROI achieved in less than 10 months.
- Elimination of manual, time-consuming data-entry, leaving sales and quality teams free to work more efficiently and focus on important tasks.
- Improved consistency across platforms and visibility of product quality
- Easy tracking of possible future revenue and the rate at which sample orders turn into sales.
- More accurate and reliable data from a single point of truth for all data and business processes, enabling better, more informed business decisions.
- Plan to use Magic xpi to further increase efficiency, such as trigger-based integration with JD Edwards to replace an existing ETL process that updates WERCS, a platform used to manage EHS initiatives and mitigate risks of non-compliance.