Magic xpa Application Platform
The Smarter Way to Build and Deploy Multi-Channel Business Apps
Magic xpa Application Platform provides a simple, code-free and cost-effective development and deployment environment that lets organizations and ISVs quickly create user-friendly, enterprise-grade, multi-channel mobile and desktop business app that employ the latest advanced functionalities and technologies.
Simple, Highly Productive and Cost-Effective
Magic xpa’s metadata paradigm, visual studio environment, and robust application engine simplifies development and deployment of business applications, enabling enterprises to to get multiple apps to market quickly, easily and with minimal resources.
Multi-Channel (Mobile and Desktop) Platform-Independent
Magic xpa enables users to develop once and deploy their apps across the most popular operating systems and devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops) with high performance and capabilities to use platform-specific advanced features.
Powerful and versatile, Magic xpa supports a wide range of development architectures including native clients for all leading mobile platforms (iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile), Web/HTML5, Rich Internet Applications (RIA), cloud-enabled software-as-a-service (SaaS), and client/server.
Intuitive, Attractive User Experiences
Magic xpa includes numerous features to help users create attractive user-friendly apps that end users will want to use. Magic’s native clients that enable intuitive navigation and use of embedded device capabilities (camera, GPS, gyroscope, etc.), support for advanced form animations and color options, native tab bars and navigation drawers, customized keyboards and an expanded set of native controls.
Your users need to continue to work even if their network connection doesn’t. Magic xpa provides comprehensive offline capabilities for disconnected operation, including local database storage and flexible sync and caching - so your apps will work anytime, online or off.
Magic xpa ensures business continuity by enabling files to be stored locally and automatically uploaded, downloaded and synced seamlessly (in any direction) when reception returns. Application resources (data, files, images) can also be cached locally and updated automatically when connected, so employees can always access the key information they need to be most effective.
Full .NET Compatibility
Magic xpa’s deployment engine is based on Microsoft .NET Framework, providing developers with access to a wide range of built-in, commercial and third-party .NET services, forms and controls. Use of .NET Windows Forms controls give apps a modern, friendly user experience that increases usability. While fully .NET compliant, Magic xpa continues to support native development on Solaris, AIX, Linux, and IBM i server platforms.
Continuously Evolving, Future-Proof Technology
Magic has been enhancing features and helping our customers Outperform the Future for over 30 years and will continue doing so. We provide our long-time customers with simple migration paths to RIA and mobile, and provide an integration platform based on the same technology stack. By migrating your applications to the latest version, our customers can take advantage of new business opportunities quickly, easily and cost-effectively.
A Full Solution
Magic customers benefit from Magic’s rich 30-year experience in application development and integration.
You also benefit from our End-to-End Enterprise Mobility Solution and strong ecosystem including:
- Extensive professional service expertise and partner network
- Strong developer community including 3000+ ISVs
- Global 24/7 customer support organization
- Strategic alliances and partnerships with mobility and enterprise software vendors including Samsung, SAP, salesforce.com, Oracle JDE, Microsoft, IBM, and more
Magic xpa Features
- Multi-channel app development: Develop once and deploy across all popular operating systems and devices (e.g. iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Desktop and Web)
- Native mobile clients for multi-platform, multi-device deployment
- Integrated studio with visual form editor for rapid prototyping and incremental development
- Enterprise-grade performance, security and scalability
- Enhanced User Experience features for creating attractive and intuitive interfaces
- Full .NET compatibility
- Automatic partitioning between server and client components
- Compliance with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) strategies
- Cloud-ready architecture
- Flexible pricing models and deployment modes
Part of Magic’s unified technology stack, enabling certified real-time integration with back-end systems
Magic xpa Business Benefits
- Superior developer productivity: Pre-definition of every element in the application allows for constant reuse of the pre-defined elements, which leads to highly productive development cycles.
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO): One skill set and technology for all operating systems (mobile and desktop); minimum deployment and maintenance efforts
- Fast time-to-market: Automatically adapts applications to desired deployment mode (Mobile, Rich Internet Applications, Client/Server, HTML Web Applications)
- High agility and responsiveness: Updates and changes are done once and automatically propagated to any deployment mode.
- High application usability and adoption: Modern GUI creates attractive user experiences
- Minimizes development risks
- Future-proof technology: Increases future growth opportunities
- Comprehensive support and ecosystem: Worldwide technical, customer, and Professional Services support; strategic alliances; broad partner network, strong developer community; access to Magic R&D
- Backed by 30 years of application development and integration experience
###Do Not Touch - Success Tab###
Find out why the world's largest chauffeured vehicle service company, Carey International, selected Magic Software's eDeveloper (today branded Magic xpa Application Platform) to migrate its financial applications to Oracle.
Using Magic RIA deployment, Innet developed the ATSR RIA solution, which is a comprehensive order management system for sales, shipping, invoicing, and payment collection, with optional planning, production, and store management capabilities.
Find out how this 24/7 roadside assistance provider cut IT development and maintenance costs by 50% using eDeveloper (today branded Magic xpa Application Platform) and iBOLT (today branded Magic xpi Integration Platform).
In order to support its expanding business operations, EBS needed to upgrade its outdated client-server business application to the Rich Internet Application (RIA) architecture made possible by the uniPaaS application platform.
Find out how Asama Software managed to build and deliver a highly function rich internet application in under 3 months, using a single developer, without a single line of HTML coding
Magic’s proven application platform enables M.A.G. Integration to deliver software applications that are in great demand by the food processing industry.
“Visa Cal develops many systems using Magic Software’s products due to their ease of use, reliability, and low maintenance requirements. I am certain that in the future, we will continue to develop advanced applications using Magic Software’s excellent, user-friendly tools”. Doron Bonim, Magic Team Leader, Visa Cal IT Department
Learn how Juvenile Courts in the State of Washington used eDeveloper (today branded Magic xpa Application Platform) to integrate justice agencies and jurisdictions, by creating a real-time record retrieval system. This system is accessed by tens of thousands of users across Washington State and beyond, guaranteeing juveniles a faster court hearing and saving of taxpayers money.
Paprec, France’s Largest Recycling Company, Automates its Ordering and Invoicing Process using uniPaaS RIA (today branded Magic xpa Application Platform).
Oxalys TECHNOLOGIES was looking for a way to meet a growing requirement among its customers and prospects for a means to deploy their business applications in SaaS mode or in the Cloud to make them permanently available over the Internet. Read why it chose uniPaaS RIA (today branded Magic xpa Application Platform).